Advocates for Basic Legal Equality, Inc. (ABLE) is a non-profit regional law firm that provides high quality legal assistance in civil matters to help eligible low-income individuals and groups in western Ohio achieve self reliance, and equal justice and economic opportunity.
Here's what it’s like to be a volunteer, Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program
John is one of our veteran Ombudsman Volunteers. Watch the video to get a small sample of what it’s like to be a volunteer with our program. Some of the requirements for volunteers are:
- Minimum 4 hours of service a month
- One-time 12-hour classroom certification training
- Confidentiality for residents/clients
- Service for 1 year after certification
- Continuing education requirements (we provide training)
For more information, click here for our Ombudsman volunteer page or call the number provided at the end of the video.